Did you know that the taste of chocolate and sweet potato really go together perfectly? This breakfast tastes like a chocolate cake. Yummie!
And because of the base of oatmeal and sweet potato, this breakfast recipe is perfect for the colder months such as the Ayurvedic Vata autumn. Just like the cozy feeling that eating this tasty breakfast gives also perfectly fits autumn. And you already get your first portion of (orange) vegetables at breakfast due to the sweet potatoes. A nutritious, cozy and tasty start to the day.
And the preparation? Also easy. Just start prepping the night before.
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 80 grams of oatmeal
- 200 ml oat milk
- 2 sweet potatoes (medium size)
- 2 bananas (or a few dates)
- 2 to 4 tablespoons of raw cacao
- pinch of himalayan salt
- Heat the convection oven to 200ºC.
- Soak the oatmeal in the oat milk.
- Pierce the sweet potatoes several times with a fork.
- Place the sweet potatoes in the oven (on a piece of baking paper or on an oven dish) for 45 minutes.
- Get the sweet potatoes out of the oven and let them cool down
In the morning
- Peel the sweet potatoes (the skin will come off very easily).
- Mix the soaked oatmeal, sweet potatoes, bananas (or dates), cacao and a pinch of Himalayan salt with a (hand) blender or food processor.
(If you like dark dark chocolate taste, you can add 4 tablespoons of raw cacao. If you normally find that too strong in taste, go for 2 tablespoons. You can always add more).
- Optional: warm the oat meal shortly in a pan. (Ayurvedic insights advise warm breakfast in fall & winter since they are easier to digest).
- Put the oatmeal mix in your favorite bowl. Possibly add some extra toppings (I chose goji berries here).
Enjoy your habits today with love and light.
Never ever again miss anything from our yoga blog?
Do you want to implement more yoga lifestyle habits, step by step? To become more relax and create & enjoy your ideal life by heart? To live according to your intention? Your pursuit of happiness? It is our goal to help you with this.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER and never again miss any of our yoga blogs again.