Looking for a facial cleanse that is organic & natural, simple, effective, cheap and fits into a yoga lifestyle? Maybe the coconut oil facial cleanse is something that works for you as well. Read more about this great natural facial cleanse in this blog.
Edible body care products
Since several years I use only body products that consist of eatable ingredients. And organic where possible. Although I was pleased with my natural & organic face cleansing products, I was getting more and more curious about the coconut oil face cleansing method.
Cleansing with natural oils
A few friends of mine (who are very picky with regard to their body care products as well) were enthusiastic about the coconut oil facial cleanse. I noticed that their skin responded well visibly and it is much cheaper than the products I used until then. So, I decided to try it as well. After using the coconut oil facial cleansing method for a few weeks now, I can say that I am satisfied with the results. It cleanses well, didn’t give me pimples and makes my skin feel soft. I didn’t had detox reactions or an adjustment period, but that can also be related to my daily Bikram yoga practice, which improved my skin condition tremendously with time.
The idea behind the facial oil cleansing method is that the oil used will dissolve other oils (which have hardened with impurities in your pores). The steam of the damp cloth will open the pores, which makes it easy to remove the oil including the impurities. Since both oils, dirt, makeup and other impurities dissolve in oil, the use of coconut oil is a gentle way to remove them from your skin.
For me, coconut oil appealed to me (and I had it in stock already), but you can also use other kinds of oils. For example, if you have an oily skin, you can replace the coconut oil partially by castor oil. If you want to know about other possible (blends of) oils that can be used, you can read more about it at the website of [Life on sunset drive] or [The Oil Cleansing Method].
How do you clean your face with coconut oil?
- Apply a little bit of organic cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil on your face and massage it in with clean hands.
- Soak a clean washcloth in steamy water (but not so hot that it would burn your face).
- Hold the hot washcloth to cover your face (the same way beauticians often do). Keep it for a moment on your face until it cools down. In this way, the pores will open and you can properly remove the coconut oil with the dissolved impurities and you improve the blood circulation in your skin. Wipe gently to remove the coconut oil. Repeat this step a few times after rinsing your washcloth in hot running water.
By adding a little bit of baking soda to the coconut oil, you create a facial scrub. The ratio is around 25% of baking soda and 75% of coconut oil. Baking soda is available in two variations:
- Made by means of a chemical process in a laboratory. This one I only use for household cleaning purposes.
- Obtained by mining. This is the variation I use while cooking and for personal care (like in this scrub).
Enjoy your Habits© today!