Moonchild Yoga Mat - Plum
The Moon Mat. Enhance your practice with total comfort and control. The Stay Grounded Yoga Mat by Moonchild Yoga Wear is carefully designed with the perfect balance of firm grip and soft support. Natural rubber is blended with vegan friendly PU-leather an Read more
Moonchild Yoga Mat - Plum
The Moon Mat. Enhance your practice with total comfort and control. The Stay Grounded Yoga Mat by Moonchild Yoga Wear is carefully designed with the perfect balance of firm grip and soft support. Natural rubber is blended with vegan friendly PU-leather and finished with a grippy texture to support your balance, even through sweaty sessions.
The lightweight mat only weighs 2.3kg, so it’s easy to carry to class and the 4mm cushioned gives your hips and joints the support you need. The center line and iconic moon phases are engraved into the surface to help you stay connected and balanced through every transition.
Natural rubber, free of PVC or other harmful substances.
Rubber yoga mats are 99% latex free, and safe for most people with a latex hypersensitivity. In case of a very severe allergy, contact with the mat is not recommended.
Because of the absorbent (and hygienic) materials Moonchild uses, it is the case that your skin’s natural oils may mark or stain the surface of the mat. Try to avoid practicing on the mat with freshly applied oily creams or body oils, etc. as of course these may stain the mat even more. The good news is that these sorts of marks will often fade gradually with time or after cleaning like suggested below. But overall, we hope you will be proud of your mat’s "memories" from all those hours of practice.
We hope your Moonchild yoga mat will give you many hours of support during your movement practice.
We want you to be able to enjoy your mat for as long as possible and get the best possible experience from your new Moonchild yoga mat. So here is a short guide on how to take good care of it.
Let your yoga mat dry
- Wipe it off with a damp cloth and let it dry. After any practice, especially a sweaty one, allow your Moonchild mat to dry before you roll it up. Heading home straight from your yoga class? No problem, just roll it up, take it home and unroll as soon as you can. Wipe off with a damp cloth and let it dry.
Clean your Moonchild Yoga Mat when it is necessary
- Clean it gently - only when needed. Use a tiny drop of dish washing soap diluted with plenty of water, and wipe it gently with a non-abrasive sponge or cloth that is damp, but not soaking wet. Moonchild recommends you do this only after every 8-10 uses. If you regularly practice in sweaty conditions, you may wish to clean your mat more frequently, but remember that whilst the planet-friendly Moonchild mat materials are remarkably durable for Yoga practice, over-cleaning or using abrasive products will wear out any materials faster.
Your Moonchild yoga mat is environmentally friendly
- Avoid keeping your mat out in direct sunlight for long periods. Your mat is, very importantly, biodegradable and so prolonged exposure to the sun can degrade it more quickly. But don’t worry, our mats are OK with a bit of sun.
When rolling your yoga mat
- When putting your mat away, always let it dry and then roll it with the top side (the smooth colored side, with the moon phase print) on the outside. It’s designed to be rolled this way, and it this will help ensure your Moonchild mat rolls out nice and flat each time you use if for your practice.
About Moonchild Yoga Wear
Moonchild Yoga Wear is a boutique one-woman owned athleisure brand, founded in lovely Denmark in 2015. Moonchild has decided to produce all their yoga wear ethically and responsibly, making use of carefully-selected fabrics to create beautiful pieces for yoga, pilates or other types of movement, without compromising performance.
They believe that nothing is perfect and that we can always get better, so they are constantly working to improve all parts of their business.
Their carefully selected manufacturer have obtained the STEP BY OEKO-TEX® Certification, sustainable textile production with the level 3, the maximum evaluation level with the advantage of improving sustainable production practices in every step of the process, continuous improvement of the environmental protection results and social responsibility as well as its efficiency.
Furthermore, with purchases of Moonchild yoga wear, you support good causes like Action Child Aid and Women for Women International.
- Natural Rubber + vegan friendly PU-leather yoga mat
- Iconic moon phases engraved
- Great grip even during sweaty practice
- 4mm cushion for hips, knees and floor poses
- Lightweight and durable (2.3kg)
- Size: 183 x 61cm x 4mm
- Moonchild has obtained the STEP BY OEKO-TEX® Certification level 3 (= maximum)
- Your purchase supports Action Child Aid and Women for Women International (plus Tree-Nation)
Why we love the Moonchild Yoga Mat
This mat give a super grip, is sustainable produced and has an elegant look with the moon pattern. Further the vertical line helps with your alignment in your yoga postures.