The autumn weather calls for… yes, for this delicious pear or apple crumble and for baking delicious dishes.
This crumble is Ayurveda-proof due to the use of delicious spices, the warmth and the use of ghee. Ideal for the autumn Vata season to warm up, ground and cocoon a bit. The recipe is super easy to make, so success is guaranteed.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 4 apples or pears
- 1½ teaspoon ceylon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder (unsweetened)
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- ¼ teaspoon clove powder
- ¼ teaspoon (fresh) ground nutmeg
- 50 grams pecan nuts (or replace with almonds or walnuts, for example)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 100 grams of oatmeal
- 100 grams of almond flour
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons of ghee
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC
- Peel the apples or pears, remove the cores and cut them into pieces
- Place the pear or apple cubes in a mixing bowl. Add the spices (cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, cardamom, cloves and nutmeg) and mix well
- Cut the pecan nuts into pieces
- Add the chopped pecans and lime juice to the pear or apple pieces and mix through.
- Grease an oven dish with a little coconut oil or ghee. Place the pear or apple mixture in this baking dish.
- Make the shortcrust pastry by mixing the ingredients for the crumble in a mixing bowl: oatmeal, almond flour, maple syrup, ghee and Himalayan salt. You can do this with a tablespoon or by hand.
- Divide the crumble dough over the pears (or apples)
- Bake the pear or apple crumble in the oven for about 30 to 35 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Let the pear or apple crumble cool for a few minutes outside the oven before dividing it among your favorite bowls and serving.
Enjoy your delicious home-made crumble with awareness.
(Your body responds better to food if you eat with awareness and joy).
Never ever again miss anything from our yoga blog?
Do you want to implement more yoga lifestyle habits, step by step? To become more relax and create & enjoy your ideal life by heart? To live according to your intention? Your pursuit of happiness? It is our goal to help you with this.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER and never again miss any of our yoga blogs again.