Creamy overnight oatmeal with blueberries (vegan)
Purple oatmeal… for some extra colour in the morning. With lots of blueberries and a delicious creamy touch due to the cashew nuts. Great for breakfast or brunch.
Personally I make it for brunch, so the portion is on the bigger side. If you would eat it as breakfast and you’re a small eater, you might be able to make more portions out of the ingredients: the cashew nuts make it creamy but also rich.
The recipe asks for some prepping the night before, but on the other hand is the making so easy and done quickly. Since it is an overnight-oatmeal recipe, there is no cooking involved. Super simple.
Ingredients (for 2 big portions)
- 75 gram raw cashew nuts
- 100 gram oatmeal
- 250 gram wild blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 banana
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla powder (unsweetened)
- pinch of Himalaya salt
- 3 fresh medjoul dates (optional)
- Soak the cashew nuts in water (minimal 4 hours).
- Put the oatmeal in a bowl and put some oat milk over it (as much as the oatmeal can absorb during the night).
- If you use frozen blueberries, defrost them over night in the
- Mix the drained cashew nuts with the oatmeal, banana, cinnamon, vanilla powder, Himalaya salt and dates (optional) with the hand(blender) or any other kitchen mixer
- Mix the blueberries through the oatmeal with a spoon or spatula. Divide it over bowls. If you like you can add your favorite toppings. Enjoy.
Enjoy your Habits© today with love and light!
Never ever again miss anything from our yoga blog?
Do you want to implement more yoga lifestyle habits, step by step? To become more relax and create & enjoy your ideal life by heart? To live according to your intention? Your pursuit of happiness? It is our goal to help you with this.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER and never again miss any of our yoga blogs again.