Two months ago at Bali, I became a big fan of smoothie bowls. By the way, Ubud is a real food walhalla! Once back at home, I started to make these smoothie bowls myself as well for breakfast. My favorite recipe so far is this green smoothie bowl with avocado and spinach.
Yummy healthy green smoothie bowl
Why do I alternate between smoothies from a glass and smoothie bowls? It’s just a different experience. Although I still make lots of drinkable smoothies, I also love to take a moment to eat my smoothie with a spoon. And that is even good for the digestive system. Since you can add all your favorites topping, it’s really easy to make a complete meal of it. So, don’t wait any longer to put that sliced banana in your freezer…
- 1 sliced frozen banana
- 1 avocado
- 1 handful of spinach (fresh or frozen)
- Pinch of vanilla powder
- Dash of coconut milk
- Your favourite toppings (for example fruits, sugar free granola, chia seeds, coconut rasp and raw cacao nibs
- A few hours in advance: slice a banana and put it in the freezer
- Mix the frozen sliced banana, avocado, spinach, vanilla powder and coconut milk into a thick smoothie. I prefer to use a food chopper, but a (hand) blender or food processor will also work. If the smoothie is to thick, just add some more coconut milk. Mix until also the spinach is well-blended.
- Put the thick smoothie in your favorite bowl and top it off with your favorites like fruits, chia seeds, sugar free granola and coconut rasp.
Enjoy your Habits© today with love and light!