While you could already find many breakfast recipes on the YogaHabits Blog, I hadn’t included a granola recipe yet. And let's face it, homemade granola is a very tasty and nutritious way to top-off your breakfast.
Personally, I have specific wishes regarding my granola. Most importantly, that it's not sweetened with regular sugar. And I also don't think it's necessary to use a lot of the unrefined variants. I prefer to get the sweetness from fruit.
I do, however, love to add more nuts and seeds. Especially since my breakfast often becomes brunch. Eated after my yoga practice and before my daily hike in the dunes. And this granola makes me less likely to snack or snack later in the day and still keeps me going for many hours.
Below you will find my current favorite granola recipe. It’s also very easy to adapt to your personal preferences. For example if you want to use other (amounts of) nuts or dried fruit. Please let me know your favorite variation in a comment below the blog.
- 200 grams of oats
- 50 grams raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 50 grams raw hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 50 grams raw pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- handful of pumpkin seeds
- handful of sunflower seeds
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- pinch of himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons honey (substitute agave syrup or maple syrup for a vegan version)
- 30 grams of coconut oil
- handful of raisins
- handful of dried cranberries
- some coconut grater and/or coconut chips
- oven with baking tray
- baking sheet
- mixing bowl
- Preheat the oven to 160 C.
- Mix the oats, coarsely chopped nuts, seeds, cinnamon and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add the honey and coconut oil and mix well.
- Line a baking tray with a baking sheet and spread the mixture evenly on the baking tray.
- Bake the granola for +/- 25 minutes at 160 ⁰C. Toss the granola halfway through to ensure even baking. Be sure to keep an eye on the granola at the end to prevent burning.
- Remove the granola from the oven.
- Add the raisins, dried cranberries, grated coconut and shredded coconut.
- Let the granola cool completely.
- Store cooled granola in an air-tight sealed jar.
Never ever again miss anything from our yoga blog?
Do you want to implement more yoga lifestyle habits, step by step? To become more relax and create & enjoy your ideal life by heart? To live according to your intention? Your pursuit of happiness? It is our goal to help you with this.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER and never again miss any of our yoga blogs again (and receive a free e-book full with yoga lifestyle tips for more energy).